Tuesday, October 14, 2014


War never gives happiness to anyone. War is a curse that kills people, ruins families and breaks  government. It is the disagreement between two leaders that creates a war. Sometimes I wonder, did war benefits anyone? Why do people start war? Is it because, leaders or emperors get famous with numerous wars? However, the only true thing of war is that, several families gets destroyed in a community. Some family lose a son, some lose a father while some lose a husband and brother during war, making life miserable and difficult to live. Unfortunate families and residents seek out for food and a good place to live after war. Thus this is how people start moving from one place to another looking for a better environment so that their children stay safe and healthy. I was an ordinary resident on the country, later, I was enlisted in the German Army to the Western front. Being a social family oriented person, however, war literally changed me to an emotionless person who only treats ordinary citizens as animal. I have seen people about to die, I could have helped them.... but I just went my way without caring of anyone. Sometimes I felt terrible of what I am doing, perhaps I soon understood that I can stay alive only if I tried to care less about others than me. I can clearly feel that over the time, I started being rude and care about myself. During the war, I pretended as if I felt nice when a person was in pain but inside I was terrified and exhausted when I see dead people on streets. Probably, I have seen so many deaths in my life which made me a stone hearted person however I regret the moments I share in life, I totally understand the importance of life and war is something that will only destroy humanity from person to person… I am Paul Baumer and this was my story….

No comments:

Post a Comment